Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Graduation

This past Saturday was the culmination of 2.5 years of diligence and restraint.  I was surprisingly calm and ready to take the walk.  My husband and son were both looking extraordinarily dapper (ties, vests) and the car ride there was a wonderful time of reflection and thankfulness.
Before the ceremony, I was excited to find out that Gen. Shinseki was my commencement speaker.  His speech revolved around the life of a volunteer at the VA who was proudest of his service as a volunteer than his service as a Marine.  He spoke of giving your time, effort and love to the job that makes you happiest and not just a position or company that looks good on a paycheck or a resume.
I wonder how many other graduates found his message right on time?

No comments:

Post a Comment